For reducing the intensity of unemployment among the Scheduled Tribes youth in the State, the Department assists ST families for earning a livelihood by giving assistance for individuals and self help groups for self employment. Sixty per cent of the beneficiaries should be women and preference will be given to, widows, unwed mothers and women headed families.
Assistance for Self employment and Skill Development training to ST youths.
Projects for skill development/entrepreneurship development/ improvement of personality/special coaching/assistance for job opportunities in India and abroad are being implemented under the scheme. The scheme includes the following
*Starting of Petty shops,Photo copier shops,Provision store,Stationery store,Bakery,DTP Centre,Tailoring units etc.
*Starting of Poultry farm, Goat rearing units, Dairy units etc.
Training Courses provided
- Tourism and Hospitality Management.
- Training in IT related subjects like DCA, PGDCA, Data Entry, DTP operations, MS Office, Tally & Computerised Financial Accounting.
- Industrial & Technical Training
- Coaching for PSC, UPSC, SSC, RRB, Bank examinations
- Career Development & orientation classes to Plus Two and Graduate youths
- Motor- driving
Kerala State Development Corporation for SC/ST Ltd. - TSP (State Share 51%)
Under this centrally sponsored scheme, share capital contribution is released to the State Development Corporation for SCs & STs in the ratio 51:49 between State Government and Central Government. The Central share of equity capital is sent directly to the Corporation. The Corporation provides finance to employment oriented schemes covering diverse areas of economic activities.
The amount is provided towards 51% state share for providing share capital contribution to Kerala State Development Corporation for SCs/STs, for taking up economic development schemes benefiting Scheduled Tribes.
Assistance to Tribal Welfare Institutions
The objective of this scheme is to provide grant/ assistance to
- Priyadarshini Tea Estate, Mananthavady ,
- Attappady Co-operative Farming Society
- Ambedkar Memorial Rural Institute for Development (AMRID),Kalpetta, Wayanad.
- Running expenses of High School run by the Attappady Co-operative Farming Society at Chindakky and Tribal Hostel at Chindakky is also proposed under the scheme.
- Renovation/Revamping of Tribal societies functioning in sectors like Agriculture, Coir, and other traditional sectors. Projects aimed at employment and income generation activities of tribal societies can be given assistance.
NRLM (National Rural Livelihood Mission)-TSP (40% SS & 60% CSS)
The centrally sponsored scheme envisages establishing a large number of micro enterprises in the rural areas. The provision is earmarked to the Block Banchayats. The Nodal Agency is Kudumbasree Mission.
Grant-in-aid to the Kerala State Federation of SCs and STs Development Co-operative Ltd.
GOI used to give grant in aid to the Kerala State Federation of SCs and STs Development Co-operative Ltd for Minor Forest Produce Operations. The grant includes:
- Share capital investment
- Procurement of MFP
- Construction of godowns/ware houses.